Sad news today for MTV viewers.
TMZ reports that Christopher ‘Big Black’ Boykin, who was the other half of Rob Dyrdek‘s hit MTV show Rob & Big has died. A rep for the funny man revealed that Big Black passed away Tuesday morning, although the cause of death is unknown. MTV released a statement about the shocking loss, saying, “MTV is deeply saddened to learn the news of Christopher ‘Big Black’ Boykin’s passing. He was a long time and beloved member of the MTV family and will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this time.”
Big Blacks’ partner in crime, Rob Dyrdek, had a hard time coming to terms with his friend’s death. He tweeted, “My heart is broken. I don’t want write this post. I don’t want to believe that this is reality. I am so thankful for you.” Dydrek also took to Instagram to mourn the loss of his friend:
Although no official cause of death has been announced yet, multiple people connected to Chris believe it was a heart attack. Chris was known as Rob’s best friend and bodyguard on their reality show, which ran from 2006 to 2008. Although the two had a falling out while filming Rob & Big, they rekindled their bromance and returned to MTV with Fantasy Factory.
Christopher ‘Big Black’ Boykin will be missed.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
13 photos Launch gallery
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
1 of 13
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
2 of 13
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.
3 of 13
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.
4 of 13
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
5 of 13
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’
6 of 13
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
7 of 13
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
8 of 13
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
9 of 13
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
10 of 13
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.
11 of 13
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
12 of 13
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
13 of 13