Happiness doesn’t come cheap in the case of Mary J. Blige. The iconic singer may end up getting the short end of the stick in her bitter divorce battle against soon-to-be ex-husband Martin “Kendu” Isaacs.
According to Daily Mail, Isaacs is fighting for $110,000 in monthly spousal support. He reportedly argues Blige should extend the money so he can continue the “lavish” lifestyle he experienced before the divorce papers. He expects the singer to pay for his expensive dining, a housekeeper, and a $1,000 allowance for a new wardrobe.
These new figures are actually a step down from the $130,000 he requested in spousal support last October. Isaacs decided to drop $20,000 of these expenses, eliminating requests for payment of a private chef and a personal trainer, along with other reductions. How thoughtful of him.
In addition to the $110,000 spousal support, Isaacs is demanding a $95,000 contribution to his attorney’s fees and a $52,000 contribution to his forensic accounting fees.
11 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In '92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in '92.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Show 'em who's queen.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Let's get 'em, queen!Source:Getty 11 of 11