Forget about Yeezy Boosts, a West Virginia teen just invented a Yeezy bot — an artificial intelligence program capable of using Kanye West‘s lyrics as inspiration to create new raps.
17-year-old Robbie Barat from West Virginia decided to make the robot after a challenge from members of his high school programming club. The bot is capable of writing its own raps. And even more impressive, the high school student spent only a week coding to create it.
Originally the bot could only rearrange 6,500 existing Yeezy lyrics but after a tweak to the AI, the bot is making its own rhyme scheme. (Quartz)
- Our favorite artists and musicians inspire people to do more than just go into show biz.
- If you could make a robot that could do only one thing, what would it be? Maybe getting a beer from the fridge, changing the channel, taking out the trash?
- Kanye’s been influenced by technology a lot in his life and art and it appears he’s influencing technology, too.
- They made a robot smart enough to win jeopardy. Could a robot be the next artist at the top of the charts?
- When he uses autotune, Kanye kinda sounds like a robot.